Tri-Fest UK Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Tri-Fest UK Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 2018.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the independent supervisory authority set up to promote and oversee compliance with data protection legislation in the UK. On 25 May 2018, a new data protection regime came into force, through the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection (Charges and Information) Regulations 2018 (The 2018 Regulations). In the below we will set out how we meet the requirements of this regulation.
Under GDPR there are 2 lawful areas we have identified in which we are legally authorised to process your information; (a) consent and (b) contract to be its lawful bases for processing personal data (i.e. the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract).
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address, postal address and phone number
- Whether you own a car, and if yes which car brand
- Requirement for bike and/or wetsuit hire
- How you will be travelling to our event, in order to identify if public transportation services need to be increased
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Event organisation
- Communicating race instructions
- Internal record keeping and accounts
- With your consent we may use this information to improve our products and services to make them more relevant to you
- With your consent we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- With your consent we will also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- With your consent you will be contacted by Jaguar Land Rover using the details that you provided in the sign-up process for Jaguar Tri-Fest. Jaguar Land Rover will use any information collected for the purposes of marketing communications. Your information will only be disclosed to Jaguar Land Rover, its retailers, franchise partners, agencies, affiliated or associated companies providing services and marketing communications for your benefit
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
In accordance with consumers’ right to be forgotten (RTBF), you have the right to object or to request your personal information to be deleted when necessary. If you would like to delete your personnel information from the Tri-Fest database please email email@example.com.
Tri-Fest will keep your personal information for 3 years and will review your data on an annual basis to ensure all information is correct and that you still consent to be on our database. You will receive an annual ‘re opt in’ email to remain in the Tri-Fest database for the following year.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Tri-Fest UK LTD
Parc Ty Glas
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us email@example.com as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.